Bedni Bugyal Trek
Day 1 : Rishikesh to Lohajung:
- The trek to Ali Bedni commences from Haridwar.
- Board a vehicle from here which will take you to Lohajung the base village of the trek.
- The entire drive is through zig-zag roads that pass through Devprayag, Karnprayag, Rudraprayag the three prayags of the Panch-Prayag.
- As you pass each prayag you will see traversing turns of the Alaknanda river.
- The beach-like white sand is perfect. The mighty Shivalik ranges of the Garhwal will show all its grandeur as you peek from the vehicle. Enjoy the 10 hours will energy.
- You will be staying at guesthouses in the base village.
Day 2 : Loharjung to Didna Village
- Welcome to the mountains and welcome the actual trekking day today.
- Have full breakfast and begin walking on the road. Follow the same road until you reach Wan village. The next village will be Kulling, 6km away from Loharjung.
- Kulling is quite a popular habitat with serenity and mindblowing views.
- The walk to Kulling is on a flat road of one and a half hour. You can take a small break at the village while relishing the scenic hills, birds and mammals.
Take the immediate right turn and go climbing down. Follow a small stream from the concrete path.
- The stream will lead you to Neel Ganga. Here comes a bridge which made of concrete cement.
- After you pass the bridge you will reach the Didna village, which is at 2450 meters.
- There will be a hike of two hours through alpine forests. After the climb, you will be at the ridge that shows some amazing views.
- There will be a series of open grounds which can be seen from the ridge. Didna and Kulling are the popular villages that are famous as per their allocated season, one is for summer and the other is for winter.
- You will be spending the night at Didna in the guesthouses after the long hike.
Day 3 : Didna To Khobal Tal via Ali Bugyal
- The trek today will be through the stunning village of Ali Bugyal. The town is at a height of 3400 meters (11000 feet). The village is renowned as the highest inhabited locations of India.
- The mighty village is situated on the mountain head and can be seen from Didna, your last camping place. So, the hike is to the hilltop or Ali Bugyal which starts from the village.
- You will spot big herds of sheep which are brought for grazing by the local shepherds from the villages nearby. If you are not aware most of the hiking trails are pathways of the shepherds used by them to feed their cattle. Shepherds are extremely friendly and will share their experiences.
- They mention that mountain path is bloomed with Rohdodendrons during the spring season. There are also oak, birch trees on the slope. All these vegetation add vibrancy to the journey.
- This is the only green visible to eyes as the treeline slowly begins to vanish as you reach closer to the summit.
- It is a climb of 3-4 hours and Ali Bugyal the most awaited attraction will welcome you.
- The meadows will be the most alluring sight you might have witnessed in your lifetime. Every painful moment will be totally worth it as you step into the meadows.
- If you are lucky you will spot numerous horses feeding on the pasture land. The green-grounds have blue and white Himalayan peaks in the backdrop.
- The most dominant peak in the sky will be Trishul mountain.
- As you enjoy the sights the camping spot is still far.
- There is still a trek of 30 minutes that will go to Bedni. It will be our camping spot for the night.
- Sit and relax around the Bedni Kund. Roam around the temple and rest for the day in the tents.
Day 4 : Khobal Tal to Ghairoli Patal via Bedni Bugyal
- Today you will pass through the second half of the Bugyal, Bedni meadows.
- The meadows are stupendously green with stunning Himalayan peaks in the backdrop.
- The meadows are bloomed with vibrant flowers in the summer season. That leads to the attraction of many tourists.
- It is not only the grasslands but Bedni kund that is equally attractive. Do not forget to capture the reflections of the mountains in the lake.
- Enjoy the peaceful afternoon with the hot packed lunch on the grasslands.
- After the energetic break, head towards GhairoliPatal by following the descending route. The path goes through forests with tall trees and flora and fauna.
- Make sure you do not rush and tumble over. The open ground between the dense forest is GhairoliPatal. it will also be your camping place.
- Sleep tight in the tents.
Day 5 : Ghairoli Patal to Loharjung via Wan village
- The last hiking day of the wonderful trek is finally here. You will be re-tracing steps back to Loharjung.
- If you remember it all descend up to Neel Ganga bridge. Watch your steps and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- After Neel Ganga bridge the next big stop is Wan village also known as Ran Ka Dhar.
- The village has the typical farms, hills and is most scenic despite that. As you step into the village your journey come to the near end.
- Walk a little further up to the road head and a car will be waiting that will go to Loharjung.
- A final patch of pumpy road to Loharjung and you will stay in the warm guesthouses.
Day 6 : Loharjung to Rishikesh
- It’s the last day of the trek and time to go back to the lovely home.
- You will wake up early and have your last breakfast in the mountains.
- After boarding the pickup vehicle you will arrive Rishikesh completing a long journey.
1.Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2.Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3.Trek equipment (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
4.All necessary permits and entry fees.
5.First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6.Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7.Transport from Rishikesh to Loharjung and return.
1.Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
3. Airfare/Railways/Bus Fares & Insurance
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head