Trek Dzo Jongo
Day 1:- Arrival Leh
- Arrive in Leh for the most exciting expedition.
- Leh is at 3500 meters altitude therefore, it is necessary that you drink a lot of water, avoid heavy activities and let your body acclimatize.
- Leh is a scenic town resting between barren yellow mountains. Enjoy the most of it.
- You can purchase or rent your trekking equipment in Leh. Moving to any high altitude locations must be avoided. Chill and rest in your Hotels
Day 2:- Leh (Acclimatization day)
- The second day is reserved for acclimatization and preparation in Leh.
- You can spend the day with your visit to different sightseeing points in and around.
- Leh’s Old Town is dominated by the ancient Leh Palace, a signature of the legacy of the ancient Kingdom of Ladakh, built by Dragpa Bumdey-the King.
- Situated on a high mountain ridge, this ancient palace overlooks the whole town. Wreathed in many an interesting curio and souvenir shops, the colorful Leh bazaar spreads out below
- Starting out early, today is good to visit the network of ancient Buddhist monasteries strewn around Leh.
- Providing serene getaways from the hustle bustle of the town, the monasteries of Thikse, Namgyal Tsemo, Sangam and Hemis can be the perfect place to find some inner peace and fortitude needed for the hard days of climb coming up ahead
Day 3:- Leh to Lato (Sightseeing Day)
- One the third day of the trek time to move a little higher. The route to Lato is amazing with dark blue skies complimenting the barren landscapes.
- LATO is the oldest village of Leh Ladakh. It liesenroute Manali from Leh.
- There was a catastrophic collision in Lato 60 million years ago. There is one of the oldest monasteries of Gia village
- The distance from Leh to Lato is almost 70 km, on the way there are quite a good places to roam, so will go to Lato after sightseening (Shey palace, Thiksey Monastery, Druk Padma Karpo (3 idiot, Rancho) School, Hemis monastery) which is included in the cost
Day 4:- Lato to Shiul Sumdo
- The actual trekking day begins. Today you will hike up to Shiul Sumdo. It will be a moderate ascent.
- The trek is mostly alongside the river. There will be 3-4 chilled river crossing.
- You will arrive till lunchtime at the campsite. Enjoy your first night stay of the trek in the tents
Day 5:- ShiulSumdo to Chaksung via Shiul Pass
- Today will be an astonishing day. The hike up today is to the first high pass of the trek called Shiul Pass.
- It will take about 2-3 hours to reach the pass. The trail is of moderate ascent. The pass is literally high point of the trek as it will show big mountains of Ladakh range, Karakoram range etc.
- You will reach the campsite at Chaksung at lunchtime
Day 6:- Chaksung to DzoJongo base camp via Chak Pass
- Another day filled with excitement. Today you will climb up to the highest pass of the trek Chak Pass.
- The trek will be shorter, in fact, the shortest day of the trek with 4 km of the trek. However, the ascend is difficult and steep
- Enjoy the changing hue of the mountains. You can now see the DzoJongo peak, Kang Yatse peaks and their summits. You will get a welcome hot lunch at the base camp.
- The base camp of DzoJongo is little higher than the base camp of Kang yatse II.
- The campsite is usually covered with snow. You can also see Markha Valley from the base camp.
Day 7:- Rest day + Training day (Summit night)
- And finally, the day before summit arrives. Try to preserve your energy and stay hydrated.
- Team will give away your technical equipment and give demos of how to use them. Learn and practice using technical equipment
- Your Trek Leader will then brief you about the summit attempt planning.
- Rest and enjoy at the base camp.
- Mostly the summit push would start at 9-10 pm. Get all dressed with your technical equipment for the big summit climb
Day 8:- Summit and back to Base camp
- The summit push is long and tiring. It is 6 km distance each way. We start by a flat walk for 20-30min.
- After this comes a rest point. From here the Advanced Base Camp is 40 min far.
- You can see the route getting a little steeper. For about an hour the climb remains moderate.
- The climb is not technical but is steep and filled with snow. Hence, it requires using crampons and gaiters.
- Your team will break the route if needed.
- You may see crevasses next to the route. Keep moving up slowly.
- The climb to the summit is very difficult and steep. DzoJongo peak has 2 summits. The path to the true summit is challenging.
- You are expected to reach the summit at 5-6 am. The summit is a high point that shows StokKangri, Kang Yatse 1,2 peaks, Changthang valley mountains, Karakoram range etc. After rest, we descend back to the base camp
Day 9:- Base Camp to Chokdo via Kongmaru La & drive to Leh
- If you think that long endured part is done. Then the path back to home is also long.
- The trek to Chokdo requires crossing the last pass of the trek Kongmaru La Pass (5130m). It will take 3-4 hours to reach the pass.
- The pass shows clear sights of the Kang Yatse peaks, DzoJongo, Markha valley, Indus valley and Ladakh range.
- After the pass, it is all descend and extremely long. Observe the reddish copper and basalt trails falling on the mountains.
- The valley is totally different from the views we had seen earlier. It is flat to steep climb down on rocky terrain. From Chokdo it is 60 km drive to Leh
Day 10:- Buffer day
- Every expedition plan has buffer days for flexible planning. This day is used in case of unfavourable conditions when the summit attempt gets halted.
- So to increase the chances of the summit, 1 day is included in the itinerary.
- If due to any situation summit is not possible then the team will wait at base camp and try attempting summit again
- Using the buffer the day will be a team decision. Please note that the cost of the buffer day is not included in the trek cost.
- In case the team decides to use the buffer day the Rs.3000 per person per day must be paid. Make sure to already discuss the buffer costs with your team.
- If everything goes well and buffer day is not used in the Expedition then it can be used to explore Leh through following activities,
- Rafting in Zanskar
- Mountain Biking
- Motorcycle Tour
- Khardung La visit
- One day trip to Pangong lake
- full day sightseeing
- Zip line
• Guest house in Leh on Day 1, day 2, day 3 and day 9 as per the itinerary.
• Camping during the trek.
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
• Day 3 dinner to Day 9 Lunch.
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required).
4. First aid medical kits, stretcher & oxygen cylinder.
5. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff.
6. Transport from Leh guest house to Stok village and return as per the itinerary.
7. Mules to carry the central luggage.
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Airfare and pickup and drop from airport..
3. Food in Leh.
4. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges
5. Necessary permits, entry fees and Foreigner peak booking charges.
6. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
7. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head